Makerfire did a brushed quad: Armor Blue Shark. I have not use a brushed quad since a long time (due to all these brushless tinywhoop), so it was a little bit weird to come back to this kind of quad.
But well I was really suprised by the quality of the quad for a child and the sort of tricks you can do. It is really a good gift for a child/teenager if they want to start FPV.
Everything is in the box so you don't need to buy extra stuff:
- the drone
- the remote controller
- the goggles
- spare propellers
- 1 LIPO with usb charger
- 1 manual
You have a good discount now so you can get it for 89$ on makerfire website:
Here some specifications.
- Quadcopter Size: 188.8.131.52cm
- Box Size: 3019.59.5cm(with Goggles)
- Weight: 19.8g
- Gyro: 6-axis (Hover)
- Frequency: 2.4G
- Channel: 4CH
- Battery: 1s 220mAh 35C (included)
- Motor: 0615-17000KV
- Flying distance: 70m
- Transmitter Power: 3 * AAA battery(not included)
- Flight time: about 5-6minutes
- 1000TVL 1/3 CMOS FPV Camera:
- Frequency: 5.8G
- Wireless channel: 40CH
- Output power: 25mW
- Operating voltage: 3V-5.5V
- Current: 200-340mA
- Camera: Sensor: 1/3 "CMOS
- Clarity: M7 1000TVL camera
- View Angle: 120°FOV H170°
- Signal system: NTSC/PAL
- Size: 13812979mm (without antenna)
- Weight: 164.7g
- Display: 3 inches
- Resolution: 800*600 pixels
- Antenna Connector: RP-SMA
- Working Voltage: 1s Battery (3.7-4.2v)
- Working Current: 350-450mA
- Receiving Sensitivity: -95dBM
- Built-in Battery: 500mAh 3.7V
- Working Time: 1h
This quad could do a lot of tricks really well and it is super easy to use it.
Like my other reviews, I will do some notes for many categories.
I like the design and the color/logo of the quad, and my son too ;) I did many crash and I don't break anything right now so I assume it is fine.
Moreover if you are worried because it is your first quad, the frame protects people with duct, so it is perfectly fine for indoor.
It is 31mm basic propellers that you could probably upgrade with Gemfan one to improve the flights. They are doing the job very well, moreover Makerfire provides to you spare props in the box.
Flight Controller ?/5
I'm not sure exactly for the version of the FC and I'm not able to find any information, but it seems more something like silverware.
Motors are classic brushless 0615-17000KV. For such quad they are doing the job, but with 08XX we will get much more power.
The camera is a 1000TVL with 120 FOV. It is good for such a tiny quad. Moreover the goggles are really perfect for a child/teenager. The definition is pretty well enough for this kind of quad, so it is a perfect combo
It seems a Bayang protocol used for this radio. So each time you plug the LIPO, you need to sync it with the remote controller. I don't notice any issue if you go far away for this kind of quad.
It is a COMPLETE Box. ALl is included so you don't need to buy extra things (except more LIPO, you can use any 1S LIPO with it (300 mah), so you will be able to do longer flights without waiting the charging of the current LIPO).
Quad + Remote Contoller + Goggles !
Spare Parts 5/5
You will be able to find all spares parts on makefire or banggood.
It is 89$ right now so it is not super expensive if you think that everything is included.
Super simple, my son can do it alone, so ....
Many things that I like with this brushed quad:
- hold the altitude pretty well. It wa really something new for me because I don't have any board that could do that. I can say it is pretty convenient when you begin and you will not crash it in 2 seconds
- take off / land: it is also something nice done with a button. Because it is always the first annoying things for kids
- one key return: I tried this functionnality that should bring the quad to me but unfortunately it doesn't work.
- emergency mode: use this button only if you are in high trouble because the motors will stop to spins immediately.
- roll/flip: works well !
- multiple speed that you can choose, so when you will have more ability to use it you will be able to speed faster
Global note 17/20
A good note for a brushed quad designed for childs ! The price is still low, so grab one !