The Beta85X HD is a cinewhoop quad. It is a well designed quad that will allow you to record nice video in HD via the caddx turtle v2 for 199$.
Where to get it ?
- Weight: 58g (without battery)
- Motors: 1105 6000KV with connector
- Props: EMAX Avan 2" 4-Blades Props
- HD DVR Camera: CADDX Turtle V2
- Receiver Option: Frsky XM+ / DSMX / Futaba S-FHSS / Flysky / TBS Crossfire
- Frame: Beta85X Frame
- 5.8G VTX antenna: Customized Lumenier AXII antenna
- Battery strap fits for micro 2S-3S battery
I did these flights with a 3S Battery, like the Tattu 450mah.
Super mario music for the ESC:
It is the same as for the Beta75 pro 2, just a litlle bit bigger. It is durable and good quality. You will have 4 mounting holes to hold the canopy and a led support.
Contrary to the previous quad, BetaFPV did a new and more stronger canopy by using SLA resign. It is really a good improvement but the canopy is still a little bit weak.
You can have access easily to the SDCARD and the button to start the video record.
Moreover you don't have too much space inside and you can't adjust really the tilt of the camera :(
You will be able to find plenty of TPU version of this canopy with major improvements or get it on my shop.
The default propellers ARE really good. It is EMAX Evan 2 inch 4 blades.
I tried other propellers like the Gemfan and I think the EMAX were the best. You will have smooth flight and they are really durable.
You will be able to find some spare on banggood for 5$.
Flight Controller 5/5
In this version, we have two boards for the FC and ESC (connected via header pins).
- CPU: STM32F405
- Six-Axis: MPU6000
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, whoop mounting pattern
- Firmware version: Betaflight OMNIBUSF4SD (OBSD) 3.5.0
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Smart Audio port is available for radio control VTX
It is a BLHELI_32 version which really great and will allow some fun like to upload a custom startup tone music ;)
- Supports Oneshot125, Oneshot42, Multishot, Dshot150, Dshot300, Dshot600, Dshot1200
- Input voltage: 2S-3S lipo
- Cotinue current: 16A
- Peak current: 25A
- BLHELI_32 Firmware target: BETAFPV-16A-32bit
The connector is directly an XT30 connector so compatible with all the latest 2/3S LIPO.
The motor are 1105/6000kv brushless motors:
- Fits with 2"-3" propellers
- Shaft Diameter: 1.5mm
- Weight: about 20g (4 pcs)
- Compatible with 2S-4S lipo battery
They are smooth and enough powerful to have a lot of fun.
As usual the motors are plug and play, so even if you break one, it is pretty easy to switch !
The Caddx turttle is really good and well known in the FPV community now. I tested it outdoor with sun or inside by night with led gates and the quality is always good.
You can see my video at the top of the article to see the quality.
- Output power: 0mW, 25mW and 200mW (Adjustable)
- Smart Audio function is included for radio control
- Antenna: Customized Lumenier AXII antenna
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 6 bands 48 channels, with Raceband: 5362~5945MHz
- Customized EOS2 FPV camera
- TV System: NTSC
- Field of view: 100-120 degrees with 1/3 lens
This VTX seems new and we have the 200mw power output compared to the 75 pro 2. It is really a good one too !
Moreover the Lumenier AXII antenna is really GREAT. The first whoop with such good quality antenna. Thx BetaFPV !!
Otherwise, Smart Audio is present and you can switch the frequency (5.8GHz 6 bands 48 channels, with Raceband: 5362~5945MHz) easily via the OSD.
All major receivers are available:
I tested the FrSky receiver and I haven't notice any problem with it like their previous receivers. It is an XM+ FrSky receiver so it is really good quality.
Nothing fancy in the box this time, another canopy could be included in the box or more props.
Spare Parts 4/5
It is available directly on BetaFPV website and many retailers. You will find all spare parts that you need easily and quickly !
The canopy seems the only thing difficult to find easily :(
199$ is really expensive for a 85mm quad. But all the components are high quality so it could explain the price. Moreover you will not be disapointed if you are looking for a cinewhoop.
The bind button is in the back of the board (for the SPI version), so the only thing to do is to push it when you insert the LIPOs !
By default you will need to go in BetaFlight in order to enable the ARM mode with a specific switch, but that's the only thing to do.
It is really good ! With the default PID, the flight is smooth and you can up to 5 minutes with a 3S LIPO if you are recording.
I think flighting with 2S LIPO is not super interesting, and I'm looking forward a new ESC board for the 4S LIPO support !
Global note 17.5/20
If you read until here, now you want to have one, no ? So get yours HERE.